Everyone seems to be talking about the miracles of hemp oil these days as if it was a new discovery. I guess it is a new LEGAL discovery as we are only now recently able to get hold of legal, organic, quality hemp oil without being labeled a hippie, or wayward child.
the truth about hemp is that it has some of the most amazing healing properties for our bodies and skin. Below is a list of reasons women between the age of 35 - 55 should incorporate this oil into their skin care routine... ( as well as teenagers and pet owners)
* Hemp is the only edible seed that contains gamma-linolenic acid, this is critical in maintaining hormonal balance especially in menopausal women.
* Hemp oil has a perfect blend of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, hemp oil has a composition similar to skin lipids, which makes it an excellent natural emollient and moisturizer. It is especially useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin and nails. It increases the skin elasticity and water retention capacity in tissues. Pure hemp oil can be used to treat dry hair and is often included in hair conditioners.
* Psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids in the body. The fatty acids present in hemp oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration. For this reason it is being hailed as a must have for psoriasis sufferers.
*Hemp is filled with rich oils and also has an extremely high vitamin E content. This is important for the rejuvenation of skin cells, as it is an antioxidant essential for skin health.
* It is also used for treating Acne in teenagers as it will not clog pores and has anti inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin and promote healing. It makes a great carrier oil for acne treatments.
* It is also wonderful for using on our animals, it is a safe treatment for many skin problems in dogs, cats, horses etc. I used it along with some other botanical extracts to cure an infected sarcoidosis on my horse. Knock on wood, it has been gone for a year without recurrence.
It can also be used internally as well as topically and has many many health benefits ranging from being an excellent source of protein for vegans to preventing certain forms of cancer.
Last but not least, it makes a great natural sealer and protector for wood and a safe to use on cutting boards and children's furniture.
I always keep it in my home, use it regularly and am very happy that it is indeed now readily available.